The Shipping Coordinator works with transportation department or vendors to ensure timely inbound and outbound deliveries. Documents and processes the order shipment. Being a Shipping Coordinator typically requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Investigates and recommends corrective actions for all non-conformance. In addition, Shipping Coordinator typically reports to a supervisor. Being a Shipping Coordinator works under moderate supervision. Gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Working as a Shipping Coordinator typically requires 1-3 years of related experience, or may need 0 years of experience with additional specialized training and/or certification.
Shipping Coordinator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Shipping Coordinator to join our team.
- Prepare sales reports for senior management;
- Negotiate shipping fees with couriers;
- Keep a meticulous record of shipment information;
- Communicate with clients and shippers and resolve any complaints;
- Prepare shipping quotes for customers.
- Flexible working hours;
- Excellent Communication skills;
- Computer literacy skills;
- A degree in business management, logistics or another relevant field;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Ability to multitask.