Logistics Manager manages and plans for logistics policies, objectives, and initiatives. Creates procedures for logistics management to optimize product workflow and minimize cost. Being a Logistics Manager has responsibilities for vendor selection and negotiation, distribution, transportation, and inventory control. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Logistics Manager typically reports to a senior manager. The Logistics Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be a Logistics Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Logistics Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Logistics Manager to join our team.
- Evaluate budgets and expenditures;
- Supervise logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer services;
- Research ideal shipping techniques, routing, and carriers;
- Organize warehouse, label goods, plot routes, and process shipments;
- Ensure all operations adhere to laws, guidelines, and ISO requirements;
- Respond to any issues or complaints;
- Work with other departments to incorporate logistics with company procedures and operations;
- Plan and monitor inbound and outgoing deliveries;
- Recommending optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency;
- Ensuring carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or;
- Monitoring product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements;
- Developing risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios;
- Establishing specific performance measurement systems;
- Creating and achieving the overall logistics KPI and meet Target budgets;
- Ensuring Logistics Department complies with Group , Region , Business specific Guidelines.
- In-depth knowledge of the consumer goods industry;
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain, or relevant field;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving and organizational abilities;
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role;
- At least a bachelors degree in supply chain management, logistics, business/management or equivalent;
- At least 5 years experience in international and domestics logistics (inbound/outbound/reverse), and supply chain management/procurement;
- Familiar with Google Apps (Drive, Sheets, Slides, etc) and cloud technologies;
- At least 2 years experience in order fulfillment and distribution;
- Customs Brokerage License a plus, but not required;
- Hands-on experience setting up new vendor operation process experience;
- Have some experience with ERP integration/improvements;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience managing products in a complex import/export environment;
- Background in India Indirect taxes and experience in local regulatory requirements of agencies such as MITI and BIS is a plus, but not required;
- At least 2 years experience in project and program management.