Construction Managers Construction managers plan, coordinate, budget, and supervise construction projects from start to finish.
Construction Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Construction Manager to join our team.
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules;
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion;
- Direct the purchase of building materials and land acquisitions;
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques;
- Develop and implement quality control programs;
- Represent company on matters such as business services and union contracts negotiation;
- Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates;
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs;
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget;
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients;
- Analise, manage and mitigate risks;
- Strong Management and communication skills;
- Must have on site Project experience from initial design through to handover and completion;
- Demonstrates a determination, desire to succeed and a wish to progress and develop within a construction management role;
- Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel and strong user skill level within MS Office.
- Excellent time and project management skills;
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process;
- Familiarity with construction management software packages;
- BS degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field;
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards;
- Proven working experience in construction management;
- Ability to plan and see the big picture;
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods;
- Competent in conflict and crisis management;
- Leadership and human resources management skills.