Compliance Manager designs and develops programs, policies, and practices to ensure that the organization complies with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements. Manages the monitoring of business activities for compliance with applicable rules and regulations. Being a Compliance Manager tracks relevant laws and regulations and directs staff to update operating manuals and procedural documents when regulations change. Prepares compliance status reports for internal management and regulatory agencies as required. Additionally, Compliance Manager requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to top management. The Compliance Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be a Compliance Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Compliance Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Compliance Manager to join our team.
- Creating an inspiring environment with clear team goals, managing tasks and setting deadlines for the team;
- Assists in ensuring records are in order and comply with regulatory and internal retention guidelines;
- Working knowledge of consumer laws and regulations;
- Research and propose best practice solutions for the specific nature of Ocrolus operations;
- Performs a variety of duties as required by the position and/or assigned;
- Design and implement a compliance monitoring program to ensure all centers continue to comply with internal and external requirements;
- Understand business lines, operational areas, products and services and keep abreast of changes (new products, services or business practices);
- Identifies process improvement opportunities based on analysis of testing conducted and recommends operational best practices;
- Identify and implement improvement and efficiency opportunities;
- Responsible for supervising, managing and motivating team members on a daily basis;
- Conduct process level reviews, track process improvement opportunities or updates, and assist in trend analysis development and reporting;
- Ensures appropriate departmental compliance training is conducted and assists with preparation of in tracking analysis development and reporting;
- Conduct regular onsite visits at Ocrolus operations centers.
- Experience in implementing and testing controls, preferably at a large operations facility;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar compliance or audit role;
- Excellent verbal and writing skills (in English);
- Working knowledge of information security related best practices and standards such as ISO 2700x, SOC 2 requirements;
- Practical experience communicating with various stakeholders effectively across the organization;
- Ability to work in a remote environment with teams in India and in the United States;
- Ability to travel to our centers in Noida (Uttar Pradesh) and Jaipur (Rajasthan) Occasional international travel may be required as well;
- Experience documenting policies and procedures.