Surveyor Needed Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Surveyor Needed to join our team.
- Marking and delineating boundaries and reference points on a property or section of land;
- Researching and consulting historical maps and surveys, as well as legal documents, relating to the property or section of land they are measuring;
- Travelling to sites, when necessary;
- Taking measurements of distances and angles on a property or section of land in order to establish legal boundaries;
- Analyzing data using plans, maps, charts, and software such as AutoCAD and GIS programs;
- Performing mathematical calculations to determine and confirm surveying measurements;
- Collaborating and working with project managers, construction crews, and government agencies, when necessary;
- Presenting data to clients and preparing reports detailing legal boundaries and other relevant information.
- Working knowledge of software such as AutoCAD and GIS programs;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Experience using hand surveying tools (distance measuring wheels, plumb bobs, levels) and electronic surveying tools (transit levels, GPS equipment);
- Analytical and Problem solving skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Bachelors degree in surveying, geomatics, geospatial sciences, geophysics, or a related field;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- At least four years work experience under a licensed Professional Surveyor (P.S.);
- Valid P.S. license;
- Valid PS license;
- At least four years work experience under a licensed Professional Surveyor (PS).