Perform engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of building structures, and facilities, such as roads, railroads, airports, bridges, harbors, channels, dams, irrigation projects, pipelines, power plants, and water and sewage systems.
Structural Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Structural Engineer to join our team.
- Make calculations about pressures, loads and stresses;
- Monitor and inspect all work undertaken by contractors to ensure structural soundness;
- Analyze configurations of the basic components of a structure;
- Use computer aided design technology for simulation purposes;
- Prepare reports, designs and drawings;
- Inspect properties to evaluate the conditions and foundations;
- Consider the strength of construction materials and select appropriately;
- Provide technical advice on safe designs and construction;
- Administer contracts and manage projects;
- Liaise with professional staff such as architects and engineers;
- Obtain planning and/or building regulations approval.
- Expert experience in project management;
- Excellent communication and IT skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (essential);
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Sound understanding of physics and mathematics;
- Professionally registered with the Institute of Structural Engineers;
- Three-dimensional conceptual skills;
- Ability to liaise with professionals from other disciplines;
- Advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials and legal regulations;
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills;
- 2 years of work experience as a Structural Engineer (essential);
- Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.