The Senior Mechanical Engineer applies knowledge of engineering principles to design products such as engines, instruments, controls, robots, machines, etc. Conducts product testing and creates models and prototypes. Designs, develops, and tests all aspects of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery. Being a Senior Mechanical Engineer requires a bachelor’s degree of Mechanical Engineering. May be involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of mechanical products. In addition, Senior Mechanical Engineer typically reports to a manager. Being a Senior Mechanical Engineer contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior Mechanical Engineer typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Mechanical Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team.
- Ensures compliance to organizational policies, procedures and regulatory requirements;
- Designs and analyses mechanical systems to achieve product specifications;
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of projects though conception, definition, design, documentation, and release to production;
- Understands Danaher Business System tools and applies to day-to-day work;
- Organizes and actively participates in design reviews and project reviews;
- Adheres to quality system requirements in the development of new products including all required documentation;
- Conducts root cause investigations and Failure analyses to solve reliability and performance issues on legacy products;
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Maintains system and product data base by writing computer programs and entering data;
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations;
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods and properties;
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends;
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components;
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- No less than 3 years of experience in product development including design, manufacturing, and market use of product;
- Presenting technical information;
- Packaging of cameras, optics, printed circuit boards, and microfluidic pumps and valves a distinct plus;
- Ability to travel as needed;
- Equipment maintenance;
- Ability to work independently and on cross-functional teams;
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Technical zeal;
- Any experience with hands-on machining and bench fabrication a plus;
- Job knowledge;
- Materials and component selection for reliability and chemical compatibility;
- Mechanical design, modelling, performance analysis, and trade-off analysis;
- Good systems knowledge to work within a cross-functional and remote teams;
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Masters preferred);
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer.