Principal Design Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Principal Design Engineer to join our team.
- Regular interaction with marketing, field and customers to understand and promptly address their problem reports and enhancement requests;
- Integration of the Xtensa ISS and other models with 3rd party system modeling environments;
- Close collaboration with the ISS and tools teams to improve the entire system modelling product offering;
- Development and verification of system models for HW accelerators and other SoC components that accompany Tensilica processor cores.
- Proficient in programming with a good understanding of efficient implementation of high-performance algorithms and data structure design;
- As part of the job requirements, some travel (up to 15% of time), including international travel may be required;
- Must be familiar with writing, debugging and optimizing software on embedded processor and emulation platforms;
- Experience in working with customers and resolving customer issues;
- C/C++ programming, experience in writing drivers and low-level firmware programming;
- Understanding of Neural Networks / Deep Learning in areas of vision, speech are a plus;
- Degree (Masters/Bachelor or equivalent) in Computer/Electrical Engineering or related field;
- Deep understanding of processor architectures, bus protocols such as AXI, ACE;
- Experience in working with geographically diverse and cross-functional teams;
- Strong communication and teamwork skills;
- Strong communication skills – written and oral are required;
- Strong in system level model development using C/C++, SystemC/TLM ;
- Strong communication skills – written and oral are required Experience in working with geographically diverse and cross-functional teams;
- Desirable to have experience with modeling tools for performance analysis or hardware/software co-simulation;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.