Devise methods to improve oil and gas extraction and production and determine the need for new or modified tool designs. Oversee drilling and offer technical advice.
Petroleum Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Petroleum Engineer to join our team.
- Determining the most efficient way to fracture shale beds to free the gas or oil;
- Analyzing, interpreting, and monitoring the geological formation data to ascertain the extraction risks and the best methods of extraction;
- Determining the most efficient way to drill through internal divisions for a free-flowing single well;
- Developing and refining methods of extracting more petroleum from existing wells;
- Using surveys, testing, and analysis to evaluate new reservoirs to determine profits and to create low-cost drilling and extraction plans;
- Maintaining on-site drilling and pumping equipment.
- Develop plans to drill in oil and gas fields, and then to recover the oil and gas;
- Good communication, interpersonal, and team working skills;
- The willingness and ability to be held accountable for multi-million dollar operations;
- Develop ways to inject water, chemicals, gases, or steam into an oil reserve to force out more of the oil;
- Make sure that wells, well testing, and well surveys are completed and evaluated;
- The willingness and ability to work in remote locations, with harsh climates and often unfriendly locals;
- An in-depth, creative knowledge of extraction techniques and principles;
- The ability to handle a physically demanding and stressful work environment;
- Strong technical, analytical, numerical, and problem-solving skills;
- Design equipment to extract oil and gas in the most profitable way;
- Good IT, research, and survey skills;
- Use computer-controlled drilling or fracturing to connect a larger area of an oil and gas deposit to a single well;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum, Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, or related Engineering field;
- Make sure that oil field equipment is installed, operated, and maintained properly.