Perform engineering duties in planning and designing tools, engines, machines, and other mechanically functioning equipment. Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment such as centralized heat, gas, water, and steam systems.
Mechanical Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our team.
- Conducting experiments and evaluations to improve and innovate product designs;
- providing technical advice;
- analysing and interpreting data;
- undertaking relevant research;
- Work with marketing and vendors, providing product specifications for their use;
- Create and develop new products and concepts; oversee development;
- Write product specifications, document test results, prepare product operating instructions and review technical literature;
- Monitor and analyze mechanical devices for problems;
- inspecting plant to ensure optimum performance is maintained;
- organising and managing project labour and the delivery of materials, plant and equipment;
- Plan and manage projects, and prepare material, cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for machinery and systems;
- Develop maintenance standards, schedules and programs and provide guidance to industrial maintenance crews;
- Preparation of production and fabrication documents;
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components and systems.
- Able to create 2-D or 3-D designs to run simulations, analyze, and tests;
- Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering or mechanical engineering technology;
- Experience working with computer-aided engineering (CAM) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAE);
- Experience with mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge (Matlab, LabView);
- Able to provide leadership or mentor-ship among team members; provide support and encourages collaboration;
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer(PE);
- Completion of all Fundamentals of Engineering and Principles and Practice of Engineering tests;
- Construction / Engineering / Cement / Metals;
- Highly analytical mind, with exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail;
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Masters preferred);
- Ability to run simulations and analyze test data;
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer;
- Master Excel and MS Word;
- Recruitment / Staffing.