Research, design, develop, or test automation, intelligent systems, smart devices, or industrial systems control.
Automation Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Automation Engineer to join our team.
- Support, maintain, and resolve problems for stakeholders;
- Energetic individual with enthusiasm to learn new tools, technologies & processes;
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude;
- Work with the Tech Manager and colleagues to define process and strategy associated with automation;
- Responsible for ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to;
- Design and develop automation test scripts for validation of the application functionality;
- Work individually and collaboratively to develop and deliver automation solutions to internal stakeholders;
- Assist and mentor teammates to provide technical leadership and evangelize best practices;
- Maintain a high standard of work quality and encourage others to do the same;
- Abide by testing and coding standards and guidelines;
- Implement and develop automated test practices for both web and mobile applications primarily using PhantomJS UI module;
- Work well in an Agile/Scrum environment;
- Own core product areas and the test automation effort of one or more features;
- Must be a self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced startup environment;
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Must be comfortable working in a Linux environment;
- Deep understanding of frameworks like Selenium, pytest;
- Expertise in creating reusable Selenium Hybrid framework with TestNG, Maven, Grid, DB Testing, Jenkins , Git;
- Good knowledge of test automation concepts, practices, and tools;
- Familiarity with big data systems like – Hadoop, Cassandra;
- Decent knowledge on TestNG & JUnit, JMeter;
- For Automation Testing Writing Test Scripts that would run during Automation testing Prepare Bug Report in MS Excel;
- Passion for quality, exceptional attention to detail;
- 3+ years of experience working with test automation;
- Strong programming skills in Python;
- Ability to design framework is necessary;
- Understanding of requirements from functional document and prototype;
- Good Analytical skill, Communication skill, Proactive, Capability of thinking through a scenario;
- 3+ years of experience designing automated tests;
- 2+ years of experience with Selenium Webdriver.